IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ – As a temporary response to the COVID-19 outbreak, we are requesting that customers STOP sending ALL REELS in for repairs – we will not be accepting new repairs until the Covid-19 virus is better controlled.
To have your reel repaired we have numerous options depending on your situation. Note: All warranty repairs must be handled by Islander Directly.
1) Canadian Repair Depots
Country Rod Crafting
3709 Remora Place
Nanoose Bay, British Columbia
Mike’s Reel Repair
1-888-404-1119 Ext 4
108-31060 Peardonville Road
Abbotsford, British Columbia V2T 6K5
The Reel Doctor
5348 53 Ave NW #3
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 3K1
Lawrence Commerce Park
1315 Lawrence Avenue East., Unit 201
Toronto, Ontario M3A 3R3
Reel Man Reel Repair
Port Hardy, British Columbia V0N 2P0
2) U.S. Repair Depot
Beavertail Rod and Reel
82 Hoover Street
North Kingstown, RI 02852
3) Islander Direct – NOT ACCEPTING REPAIRS AT THIS TIME.
To send your Islander Reel to Islander for maintenance or repair, please read below:
- Call Islander to confirm authorization – especially if shipping from USA or Internationally.
- With your reel, include your name, physical address, phone number, email address and a description of the problem.
- For non-Canadian returns, clearly label customs paperwork and the package exterior: “Made in Canada Goods Returning For Repair”
- All shipments must be prepaid using Canada Post or US Postal Service
- Please use – NAFTA / HST Code for shipping 9507.30.60.00 – Fly Fishing Reels
- Shipments should be made either by registered mail or by courier* to:
- Attn: Repairs Dept.
- Islander Reels
- 6771 Kirkpatrick Crescent
- Saanichton BC
- V8M 1Z8
*Please do not use UPS or FedEx when shipping to Islander. If Islander is charged additional fees from customers who do ship via UPS or FedEx, those fees will be charged back to the customer.*
A $20 processing and handling fee will be applied to each non-warranty related reel. Repairs are approx 6 weeks lead time seasonally – make sure to plan ahead.
Islander will contact you for payment; Please do not send cash or cheque with your repair.